One Manufacturer’s Journey to Improve Maintenance with SAP
Asset-intensive companies often struggle because of the reliance on paper and spreadsheets, as well as using multiple systems for storing asset, customer and process information. These methods can increase costs, lead to poor prioritization and reduce efficiencies. By migrating from paper to digital, you can connect people and processes across your enterprise to improve maintenance, such as more efficient wrench times, better planning and more.
A large manufacturer of fluid system products, assemblies, and services for the oil & gas, chemical and other industries wanted more visibility into their maintenance processes and integrate them into its SAP environment. The company also needed to better manage its high-value spare parts.
The manufacturer already had access to SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) though the solution was not in use. The decision was made to decommission their third-party EAM legacy system and implement SAP PM combined with the mobile EAM solution, SAP Asset Manager. This project would increase overall solution usability for their technicians and enable a tight integration within their ERP.
Watch on demand to learn more about their journey from paper to digital processes, including details about the global template Movilitas built to optimize SAP PM and integrate mobile business intelligence. Discover the benefits of eliminating paper processes for work orders, planning and execution, and how you can leverage this knowledge to drive your own EAM initiatives. You’ll also see a brief demo of SAP Asset Manager.
- Transforming operations by getting the most out of SAP Plant Maintenance
- Simplifying work execution and solution usability with a mobile EAM module
- Managing high-value spare parts through integrated material/warehouse processes
- Alba Montiel Miralles, Solution Manager for Asset & Service Management Mobile, SAP
- Sebastian Haffner, Delivery Lead Asset Management, North America, Movilitas
- Mark Highhouse, Sales Director, Movilitas